This article was inspired by a question on Quora about “some of the interesting world records held by Indians”. Sribatsa Pathy and Mohit Arora had some interesting answers. We thank them for giving us permission to post those here.
1. Largest Blood Donation Camp : The largest blood donation involved 43,732 participants and was organised by Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan (India) at Dera Sacha Sauda, Haryana, India, on 8 August 2010. Each participant donated a unit of blood.
2. First Woman to fly in Combat Zone : Fl. Officer Gunjan Saxena flew in the combat zone during the Kargil war in 1999.
3. Memorising 225 Random Objects : In 2006, Nischal Narayanam broke his teacher’s record by memorizing and recalling 225 random objects in a span of just 12.07 minutes and thereafter relating random objects to its number, listing out the objects in correct order for a series of numbers and also telling them in reverse order. This total feat was done blindfolded.
4. Youngest Professional Artist : Arushi Bhatnagar (now 10 years) has made more than 3000+ paintings and started doing this at a very young age of 4 months. She set the record of “Youngest Professional Artist” by making her first solo exhibition at the age of 11 months with 52 paintings at Kalidas Akademi, Ujjain.
5. Acting in the most number of films : In 1987, Tamil Actress Manorama who is popularly called Aachi entered the Record Book for acting in more than 1000 films. She has acted in more than 1500 movies.
Stay tuned for the next part!